Ostankino TV Tower Visiting Tips
1. Ostankino Tower admissions are best to arrange prior to your visit, as there is a ticket limit outlined for each entry session. The sessions usually start each hour between 10 am and 9 pm. The Tower is open daily except public holidays.
2. Arrive at the tower in advance. Registration of passes for the visitors starts 45 minutes and ends 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the session.
3. Pass the security check like in any modern airport! Any liquids or aerosols will be asked to be left outside, and all the large items will be handed over to the storage room. Photo and video are allowed everywhere, except for the security checkpoint.
4. After the passport control (make sure to have a passport with you on the day of a visit!), get instructed on the visiting rules and follow recommendations of the staff of this think-tank of the Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting. Imagine: from this point, 20 TV channels and 24 radio stations broadcast all over Russia!
5. Get accompanied by the tower staff while at the high-speed elevator. The eye can’t keep up with the rapid change of the figures on the level indicator. In less than a minute, find yourself at the height where birds fly and clouds are born. The earth remains far below, and it feels like even the time has different pace here. The proximity of the sky places all events of life in the right place…
The telescopes and binoculars in sunny weather will allow you to examine up to 360 degrees of each corner of Moscow and the Moscow region for tens of kilometers. Transparent floor made of a glass-crystalline material, as strong as metal, has a three-layer armored (!) structure and creates the illusion of free-floating in the air.